Ukraine send a Shady Lady

Saturday 22 March 2008 | Labels: , , | |

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Ukraine is a vast area between Poland and Russia. It became independent after the collapse of the Soviet Union. In 1986 it was the scene of the world's worst nuclear disaster, when a reactor at the Chernobyl nuclear plant exploded."

Whittaker's World of Facts - Russell Ash
Hannah's view
I like this song. I don't know why really.
I like the way the music reminds me of an action movie, all very loud and bursting in the choruses and slightly mysterious in the verses and introduction. I think the beat is infectious, it makes your feet itch to dance and the lyrics are very appealing to girls, mostly.
This year's Ukrainian entry might not be dressed in tin foil, but somehow I think the power of this woman's voice makes her performance shine. No need for silver cooking paper.

Nathan's view
Damn you Ukraine! Where's the tin foil?!
Great song again this year. I have NEVER not liked a entry from Ukraine. And it continues this year. Great beat and I will be dancing to this come May!

0 comments: