Slovenia - To Hell With It!

Friday 14 March 2008 | Labels: , , | |

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"About half of Slovenia is covered in forest, making it the third most forested
country in Europe. Slovenia became independent from Yugoslavia in 1992 and
joined the European Union in 2004. Its people now have a reasonably good
standard of living"

Whitaker's World of Facts - Russell Ash

Nathan's view

Well Slovenia look to be going for it this year with a very upbeat track. Although it is sung in Slovenian I believe that this is to be a big contender this year. It's competing with Iceland for my 'douze points'.

The lyrics are very well written in both Slovenian and English. The song makes so much sense in English and I think it would fit well to the rhythm in English too. 'Vrag Naj Vzame' means 'Let the Devil Take It' or 'To Hell With It'. I prefer 'To Hell With It' as it fits with the rest of the lyrics (translated to English) better.

Rebeka Dremelj is a popular model in Slovenia and other ex-Yugoslav states. I think that she will get votes not just through bloc voting, but from Western Europe too.

Hannah's view

I think that this is a catchy song, and i can definitely tell that by the fact that Nathan continually repeats the phrase, 'Vrag Naj Vzame'. It is started to get annoying, Nathan! But, aside from that, i do enjoy the song, possibly not as much as Nathan.

I do like the fact that a country can sing its song in its native language, i think its a better idea than everyone trying to sing in English just to try and win and impress.

It is a good song, but (as i said before) i prefer others. I think partly why Nathan likes it more than me is because, as he mentioned, she is a popular Slovenia model. Need i say more? And somehow, that doesnt do it for me; where as Belarus on the other hand...

0 comments: