Finland - Rock is the New Pop

Monday 31 March 2008 | Labels: , , | |

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Since the end of World War II, Finland has changed from being a rural country covered with dense forest into a modern nation. It has very successful industries and an excellent welfare system. Finland joined the European Union in 1995 and adopted the Euro as its currency in 2002."

Whittaker's World of Facts - Russell Ash
Nathan's view
Finland have found that rock is the key to Eurovision. Every year since Lordi won... ok since 2006 Finland have sent rock to Eurovision. Last year it was Hanna this year it's Teräsbetoni! I love Finnish rock so yet again I am backing Finland to do well. It seems, to me at least, that Scandinavia have all sent good entries but they do all vary from one another. As Scandinavia is split in the Semis, Finland can only guarantee 12 points from Norway so they will have to hope that rock appeals to the rest of Europe again. I'm glad that Finland have sent an entry completely in Finnish as this keeps the competition alive. I love this song, and I definitely hope that it reaches the Final. Well, considering the Semi it's in, that shouldn't be a problem!

Hannah's view
I really like this rock track. It makes a differnece form all the pop and ballads that have been sent.
I definitely agree, Finland seem to think that rock is the new black. Since they have won with Lordi; a scary track with an even scarier band; they have continued to send rock tracks hoping to win again.
I think the fact that this track is in Finnish seems to add to it. Why does rock seem to sound better in Finnish?! Or is that just me? The voice of this band is vry fitting too. it can reach notes on either end of the scale, high and low.
I really like this track and hope it does do well.

0 comments: