Russia believe in Dima's abilities to win

Monday 31 March 2008 | Labels: , , | |

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"The Russian Federation is the largest country in the world, almost twice the size of the United States. It stretches from Europe to Asia and covers 13% of the worlds total land area. Russia was the chief republic of the former Soviet Union, which in 1991 was split into 15 separate republics. Oil, natural gas, timber and metals make up more than 80% of its exports. The country is still held back by poor transport and other systems. It also suffers from violent conflict in the Chechnya region."

Whittaker's World of Facts - Russell Ash
Hannah's view
Again, this is a ballad, but it is rather touching and the chorus is very catchy.
This is a lot more interesting than other ballads and has a good beat and rhythm. The music is very powerful and so is the singer, slightly less than the music though.
This is a good track, but Nathan likes this a lot more than me and I'm sure he'll have more to say!

Nathan's view
Dima's back! And I prefer this entry! Dima Bilan came second in 2006, in Athens, and would've won if Lordi weren't there! Believe is a very good entry and I think it will do very, very well! I know that Dima will try his hardest in Belgrade and I know that he can win. He will breeze through Semi Final 1, possibly winning it, and then he should come in the top 3 in the Final. Though I believe that due to political voting it could be Russia's year... finally.

Kristopher's view
There is something magnetic about Dima and some girls will go crazy at the falsetto bits, but the performance I saw came off a little thin and shrill. I don't think the choreography (or lack thereof) really works in his favour. "I will be standing strong...nothing's gonna move this mountain", he sings -- in a falsetto, on his knees? Yeah, I know, the song is about heroic determination and it's supposed to look like gravity's pulling him down, but I doubt Dima has the presence and personality to pull off this material. At this point in his career, he's better suited to upbeat music (such as the excellent Timbaland produced tracks) and moving around more on stage.

0 comments: