Latvian Pirates Invade Belgrade

Monday 31 March 2008 | Labels: , , | |

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Latvia is bounded by the Baltic Sea, Estonia, Lithuania, Belarus and Russia. It became independent of the Soviet Union in 1991 and in 2004 it was accepted into the European Union."

Whittaker's World of Facts - Russell Ash
Hannah's view
When i first heard this song I thought; Oh. My. Word. WHAT?!
Not only does it start out singing 'With a hi hi ho and a hi hi hey!' But it talks about pirates and the artists actually dress up as such.
As a rule I try to avoid songs with the phrase; Jolly Rogers Go!; but the up tempo beat and rhythm of this song has grown on me. I think its a fun poppy joke entry; a bit like Ireland.
I think this song is OK, but a bit of an embarrassment! I wouldn't admit to liking it in public, put it that way!

Nathan's view
With a hi hi ho and a hi hi hey
We're hoisting the flag to be free
We will steal the show, Jolly Rogers go
We are wolves of the sea

That is exactly what I want to hear for Eurovision. That is Eurovision. I love it, I really do. It has been one of my favourites since I first heard it! The costumes make it so much funnier too! I cannot wait for them to perform at Eurovison because they will get through! I am constantly playing this with Hero and This Is My Life!

0 comments: